Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back

OK, we're gonna try to get this thing going again. I've learned a few things about blogging since I launched my first blog, the moderately successful but currently dormant football site Down and Distance:

1. It's hard to find time to maintain a blog when you've got a full-time job doing something besides maintaining a blog.
2. It's even harder to find time to maintain a blog when you're self-employed doing something besides maintaining a blog.

I used to write these long, long analytical posts with research and pictures and statistics and whatnot. I don't have time for that right now, because every minute I'm blogging (or playing Spider Solitaire, or cleaning the house, or Googling cheesecake photos of Kellie Pickler*) is a minute I'm not earning income. And I like income.

Nevertheless, there are a still dumb things to say and dumb pictures to post. I'm on Facebook, and it's a great platform for interaction, but there's a certain lack of permanence to it. I'm on Twitter, but, as more and more people are saying, "Twitter is for old people". I'm on MySpace, but ... well, no, I'm not on MySpace. Are you kidding me? So we're going to turn the lights back on at XIOA.

*Kidding!

Oh, and look: You can go through the archived posts if you want, but a lot of 'em are dumb, and some of 'em take cheap shots at the local newspaper. I feel bad about that. People down there are doing the best they can under punishing circumstances.

No comments: